Australia is giving Awards Scholarships in 2023 to people from developing countries to read undergraduate and postgraduate studies at participating Australian Higher Education Institutions.
The scholarship, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) is seeking to promote the well-being and academic advancement of bright students from developing countries around the world.
The scheme has aimed at some specific countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time study in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Selected applicants will get the precious opportunity to study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Citizens from Asia, the Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East are those intended for the award. Check out the complete list of participating countries. You may also check the Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 also in Australia.
In order to qualify for a Scholarship in Australia, applicants must:
- Must at least 18 years old on February 1st of the year the scholarship begins
- Be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Be a citizen of one of the participating nations (as indicated on the Australia Awards website)
- Not own Australian citizenship, have a visa to remain there continuously, or be a permanent resident of Australia
- Also, at any point throughout the application, selection, or mobilization processes, be not married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who possesses, or is eligible to possess, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500])
- Not be a member of the military
Benefits of the Australia Scholarship Awards
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travels
- Allowance for Estabmishment
- Living expenses allowance
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Inventory Academic Program and Pre-course English fees
- An opportunity to study and live in Australia
Field of Study
Undergraduate or Postgraduate programmes that are peculiar to your home nation’s development needs are stated on the participating countries’ profiles.
Note that the awards are not available for programs related to flying aircraft, military training, or nuclear technology.
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023
Before you even decide submitting an application for the Awards Scholarship in Australia, it is advisable to check the open and close dates for your country.
By so doing, you will get to know from the list of participating countries specific details on eligibility, priority areas, and how to submit an application.
Application is by mail or online. You are encouraged to visit the official website for detailed information.
The deadline is May 1, 2023, 11:59 pm AEST.